Insight and Meditation in Uncertain Times – Online Course
Five Classes, 1.5 hours each, recorded in case you miss one or two, with lecture, guided meditation, meditation and mindfulness homework (at least 15 min/day formal practice), and individual case by case advice.
Topics include: How to Practice Sitting Meditation Successfully (with in class practice and feedback); Personal Skills and Qualities to work on that will compliment the practice (with workshop); Mind/Body Insights (with help from meditation); The Role of Thinking, Mindfulness in Relationships.
Upcoming dates: 5 Thursdays Starting Thursday April 23, 8:15pm ET
Fee: $100 USD ($130 CAD)
Payment instructions: USD – Fill in the form below and pay by paypal or credit card. CAD – please etransfer to [email protected]
Each session comprises a powerful talk, awareness meditation and Q&A regarding your practice with individual short meditation homework assignments.
- Powerful Transformational Life Lessons
- Epiphanies into yourself
- Better decision making
- Greatly decreasing the duration and severity of anger, irritability, and all painful emotions.
- More self love and acceptance
- Better Attitude
- Increased focus
- Easy and successful short meditation
- Less stress, more light
- Understanding how reality works and learning liberating wisdom
- Having an experienced and intuitive teacher to guide you in your spiritual practice
No experience Necessary. Experienced practitioners most welcome and will greatly benefit. The five Buddhist precepts are required over the duration of this course in order to achieve real results: No Killing, No Stealing, no Sexual Misconduct, No Lying, No Recreational Intoxicants. You are also required to do a minimum of 15 minutes per day formal meditation practice, which hopefully continues long after the course has completed!
Though the emphasis of certain topics and order of delivery varies from group to group, here is an outline of the main topics covered:
- Mindfulness in Daily Life
- The Purpose of Mindfulness
- Formal Meditation Practice for Tranquility
- Formal Meditation Practice for Insight
- Insights into the World and Ourself
- How Our Mind Works
- The trajectory of the practice
- Buddhist Wisdom
A note from Jess:
The intention is to give you a correct understanding of what mindfulness is, how to practice it in daily life and in formal meditation, what benefits you can expect quickly and amazing shifts you can expect down the road. No two people’s minds are alike. I will put each of you on a meditation program based on your aptitudes to get you developing your practice towards higher peace and wisdom into reality. You are required to practice a minimum of 15 minutes meditation per day throughout the duration of the course and some awareness during your daily activities.
My Master in Thailand has asked me to teach the West. This is the real deal that the Buddha taught, the path to wisdom and peace, with case by case penetrating wisdom. I teach from the heart, from my teacher’s guidance and from my personal experience. Nothing is prepared or scripted in advance, and the teachings are meant to be learned deeply by the heart and practiced, not memorized. If this resonates within you, you are of high merit and may be ready to follow the Buddha’s path to ending personal suffering. Everyone will benefit from this opportunity, whether a beginner or regular practitioner. I learned from the greatest masters in my 20 years in Buddhist Thailand and I have their blessing to share the wisdom with the western world. Those that complete the course and continue their practice are eligible for:
- Coming to Thailand with me, travelling and learning with my teachers directly (please inquire)
- The Mindfulness Teacher certification course after 1 year’s experience. (Min. 6 Month Correspondence course – please inquire)